Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Baked Cajun Fried Chicken Strips with Corn Flake Bread Crumbs

Baked Cajun Fried Chicken Strips

Baked Cajun Fried Chicken Strips with Corn Flake Bread Crumbs

So I am originally from Boston and there was a pathological aversion to frying in my house growing up. Since starting to explore my passion for cooking I have learned how to fry and how to make something taste like it's fried even if no oil is used.

Although we all love something that is greasy and deep friend it isn't always the best choice when watching your waist line or your health. So early on I learned how to make this recipe at a friends house and have been attempting to perfect it ever since. It tastes like its fried and is delicious! 

The key to this Baked Fried Chicken is mayonnaise. I know...nasty right? I promise you will not even taste the mayo after its cooked. 

So here it goes: 

2 pounds of chicken breasts cut into strips
1 Cereal box of Corn Flakes
1.5 cups of Hellman's Original Mayonnaise  
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 tsp Siracha hot sauce
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

Wash chicken strips and dry with paper towels. Pour half box of Corn Flakes into a bowl and, with your hands, crunch the flakes until they are about a third of their original flake size. Mix the mayo, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, pepper, Siracha, and red pepper flakes in a separate small bowl. Coat each chicken strip with mayo mixture and bread with Corn Flakes you prepared. Place chicken strips in a baking dish lined with aluminum foil and greased with Pam or similar. Cook on 350 degrees for 25 mins until cooked through and golden brown. 

Spices: Use any spices you want in your mayo mixture. I have used curry, paprika, tabasco, and anything else I found in my spice drawer. 

Dipping Sauces: Mix yellow mustard with honey.....honey mustard sauce. For barbecue sauce I only use KC Masterpiece. Like ketchup to dip?.....mix Heinz original with a little balsamic vinegar!

Side Note: If it's not Heinz its not Ketchup! 


1 comment:

  1. Make it Gluten Free! Use Chex Mix or any rice cereal and the dish can be shared with all!

    ReplyDelete